Encourage your employees to join your company in raising awareness and to consider becoming a CASA volunteer.
Click to download these messaging templates in a Word document.
Sample social media posts:
- Local children in foster care often struggle, moving between homes and schools without consistent adults in their lives. Join [Company Name] in helping Voices for Children speak up for these children and provide the volunteer advocates they need. Visit speakupnow.org to learn more.
- [Company Name] and Voices for Children believe that all children deserve a safe, permanent home, and a connection to family. By serving as a volunteer advocate, you can work one-on-one with a child or group of siblings and make sure their needs are being met for a brighter future. Visit speakupnow.org to learn more.
- Join [Company Name] in helping Voices for Children recruit volunteer advocates to speak up for children in foster care. Consider volunteering yourself to work one-on-one with a child or group of siblings. And, encourage someone you know to consider this opportunity! Visit speakupnow.org to learn more.
- [Company Name] is speaking up for youth in foster care. Join us in helping to give these children a voice and a brighter future. Learn more: speakupnow.org.
Sample email to your employees or newsletter article:
Subject/Title: [Company Name] Speaks Up for Foster Children
In San Diego County, more than 5,000 children live in foster care each year. These children have been removed from their homes and placed in foster care due to abuse, abandonment, and neglect. Today, [Company Name] joins Voices for Children in encouraging our employees to consider becoming a volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for a child in foster care.
With the support of a CASA volunteer, a foster child is more likely to succeed in school, receive vital services, and find a safe, permanent home. CASAs work one-on-one with a child or group of siblings. They get to know the children, gather important information from reports and professionals, and advocate for the children’s best interests related to their education, health, living arrangements, and general well-being.
No prior experience is necessary—Voices for Children will provide all the training you need, plus a dedicated staff supervisor to offer resources and support throughout your service. With just 10-15 hours a month, you can help create a brighter future for a child. Visit www.speakupnow.org or call (858) 598-2230 to learn more and sign up for a volunteer information session.
Share this information with your friends and family, and help speak up for foster children.
Sample posts for your intranet:
- [Company Name] is speaking up for the children living in San Diego County foster care. To help, consider becoming a CASA volunteer with Voices for Children. With just 10-15 hours a month, you can create a brighter future for a child. To learn more, visit www.speakupnow.org.
- You can also consider using one of these volunteer ads to promote learning more about becoming a CASA and attending a Voices for Children volunteer information session. Please link to: www.speakupnow.org/information-sessions/
Flyer for company bulletin boards:
- Download one here and cut the strips at the bottom before hanging, so potential volunteers can take our website address with them.