Ethical standards and principles are the foundation for maintaining public trust. To ensure these standards, a group of concerned fundraising organizations created the Donor Bill of Rights. Voices for Children adheres to these policies.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us via one of the email addresses identified on our website or when you otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event. We also collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone or by mailing in a check. The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by Voices for Children. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We only rent or exchange lists we maintain that may include your Personal Information, collected on the website or through any other activities, with other third parties we believe engage in activities that are not inconsistent with the mission and core beliefs of Voices for Children. You may opt out of having your Personal Information shared by us by letting us know: just call (858) 598-2222 or email email@example.com.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will retain payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration, or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing.