Founded in San Diego in 1980, Voices for Children is a private, nonprofit organization that recruits, trains, and supports Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers who speak up for the needs and well-being of children in foster care. In 2015, Voices for Children expanded to serve children in Riverside County foster care. As the only agency designated by the courts to provide CASA volunteers in San Diego and Riverside Counties, Voices for Children's CASAs play a crucial role in helping judges make the most informed decisions for children's futures.
We transform the lives of abused, abandoned, or neglected children by providing them with trained, volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs).
Proven Track Record
Since our founding in 1980, we continue to hone our program and innovate to provide the highest quality advocacy to children. Read about our impact and how our program has grown and progressed.
A member of the National CASA/GAL Association, Voices for Children is consistently ranked among the top CASA programs out of nearly 1,000 programs nationwide. Learn more about the CASA Model.
- Only organization designated by the courts in San Diego and Riverside Counties to provide CASA volunteers
- Member of National CASA/GAL Association
- Member of California CASA Association
- Live Well San Diego Partner
- Service Enterprise Organization
- Adhere to the “Trauma-Informed Care Code of Conduct” across our programs (code developed by The San Diego Foundation, Clinton Foundation, and the County of San Diego with input from local foster youth)
As a nonprofit organization serving children in our community, we are committed to transparent and ethical operations and organizational culture. Below you can learn more about our operations and the commitments we have made to our children, our community, and our team.