We take pride in our extraordinary employees and their team spirit. Our staff members are grateful for the opportunity to interact with people from all walks of life and are dedicated to helping foster children in need and supporting the work of our CASA volunteers.
Top Reasons to Work at VFC
- We work in a supportive team environment and we set a high bar for ourselves in regard to professionalism and work ethic.
- We truly do make a difference in people's lives. As an advocacy organization, every day we work to improve the lives and outcomes for abused and neglected children in foster care.
- We are privileged to supervise and support talented and committed CASA volunteers.
- We rely on our creativity and problem-solving skills to find solutions to the challenges and limitations of the child welfare system.
- VFC offers opportunities for growth and career development in many areas, including public speaking and leadership.
- We have ample opportunities to increase our advocacy skills and knowledge of the child welfare system through conferences and workshops.
- Our employees play an instrumental role in developing our vision and pioneering new ways to meet the needs of the children we serve.
- We enjoy full health benefits, including dental and optical, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
- We enjoy 13 paid holidays (including all Court holidays) in addition to vacation time off.
Current Employment Opportunities
Development Database Analyst
The Development Database Analyst will oversee all day-to-day operations associated with the database (Raiser’s Edge by Blackbaud) which tracks constituents, gifts, events, and donor/prospect information. The analyst will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the database, queries and reports as well as staff training and support.
View the full Development Database Analyst job description.
Director of Development Operations, Grants and Stewardship
The Director of Development Operations, Grants and Stewardship reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for the following:
- Develop, execute and maintain procedures that ensure the successful and effective implementation of the department’s annual development plan.
- Oversee, organize and secure $2M+ in foundation and government grants each year.
- Design, implement and evaluate an organization-wide and comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that appropriately recognizes and promotes interaction with all donors at all levels.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with San Diego’s political, philanthropic and community leaders.
The Development Assistant is an important position providing comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Development Officer and Development department to ensure smooth and coordinated communications, and work flow and confidentiality between the department, organization as well as donors, board members, external philanthropic partners, and other constituents.
View the full Development Assistant job description
Voices for Children is an equal opportunity employer.
Voices for Children does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, or on the basis of any perception that an applicant or employee has any of these characteristics, or on the basis that an applicant or employee is associated with someone who has or is perceived to have these characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, firing, advancement, compensation, training, benefits, transfers, social and recreational programs, and any other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.