All Court Appointed Special Advocates, or CASA volunteers, must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age to begin service.
- Commit to a minimum 18 months of volunteer service.
- Have at least 2 years of licensed driving experience in the U.S. and a U.S.- issued driver license valid in their state of residence.
- Have reliable access to a vehicle.
- Clear a criminal background check.
- Minimum of two years sobriety (if history of Substance Use Disorder or substance abuse).
- Be willing to drive to a variety of locations throughout the county in which you serve (San Diego County or Riverside County).
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
You may be ineligible to volunteer if any of the following apply:
- You work or volunteer for an agency that serves children in foster care or their families.
- You hold an active foster parent license.
- You are in the process of adopting a child through the County of San Diego or County of Riverside.
- You have more than 3 minor moving violations within the past 3 years.
- You've had any major moving violations (DUI conviction, etc.) within the last 4 years.
- You've had involvement with Child Welfare Services, also known as Child Protective Services (CPS).
Voices for Children is committed to being a diverse and inclusive organization and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against individuals, including employees, volunteers, clients, vendors, and contractors, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, physical and mental disabilities, genetic information, veteran status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, or on the basis of any perception that an individual has any of these characteristics, or on the basis that an individual is associated with someone who has or is perceived to have these characteristics. We are committed to these standards in all practices including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, firing, advancement, compensation, training, benefits, transfers, social and recreational programs, and any other terms, conditions, and privileges of involvement with Voices for Children.