All Court Appointed Special Advocates, or CASA volunteers, must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age to begin service.
- Commit to a minimum 18 months of volunteer service.
- Have at least 2 years of licensed driving experience in the U.S. and a U.S.- issued driver license valid in their state of residence.
- Clear a criminal background check.
- Be willing to drive to a variety of locations throughout San Diego County.
You may be ineligible to volunteer if any of the following apply:
- You work or volunteer for an agency that serves foster children or their families.
- You hold an active foster parent license.
- You are in the process of adopting a child through the County of San Diego.
- You have more than 3 minor moving violations within the past 3 years.
- You’ve had any major moving violations (DUI conviction, etc.) within the last 4 years.
- You’ve had involvement with Child Welfare Services, also known as Child Protective Services (CPS).
Please review our list of frequently asked questions regarding eligibility.
Voices for Children is an Equal Opportunity organization and does not exclude applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.