Our Serve Every Child Vision
San Diego County’s foster youth desperately need help. With your commitment, we can reach them.
Of the thousands of children in San Diego County’s foster care system each year, it is estimated that about half of these children have no one—no parent, no relatives, no family friends—to look out for the child’s best interests. They are alone in a complicated system that can rob much of the joy out of childhood.
Serve Every Child Goals
Although Voices for Children has expanded over the years and greatly increased the number of foster children served with CASAs, many more children are waiting. In response to the crisis, Voices for Children’s Board of Directors has committed to these Serve Every Child goals:
- Provide a CASA to every child who needs one.
- Continue to assess, review, and triage Court files to provide basic advocacy to every foster child in the system.
- Increase the number of trained CASAs to 1,400 advocates (almost three times the current group of CASAs).
- Increase the effectiveness of the CASA Program by developing an Infants and Toddlers Program to serve this age group, as well as a program to serve teens preparing to exit the system.
- Explore more efficient modes of monitoring children not assigned to CASAs, and pilot an Early Assignment Program that would provide a CASA to a child the moment he or she enters the foster system.
- Be a leader in the community by advocating for improvements in the foster care system and raising awareness of the plight of foster children in San Diego County.